So if you missed part 1, the basis of “the quest” is to see if I can rank #1 in 90 days for “seo consultant”. This is part 2 and we are now 20 days in.
After bouncing around quite a lot we’ve been settled on 11th for the last 2 days. This is a tie with the all time high.
So here is what I did this month:
- Built the Ghost site out with more internalÂ linking. Site size is a ranking factor (in my opinion) this is why sites that are parallax donât rank as well. Added 3 new pages, FAQs, privacy and a video marketing services page. I also added 2 new blog posts, nothing special here, just something for Google to crawl and relate. Also both blog posts linked back to the homepage (although not with the seo consultant anchor text).
- Sorted site speed!!! Drastically improved.Â From around 70% up to 98%.
- Hire a PR guy – No links as of yet.
- Got some additional reviews on G+
- Also re-built the climb online page and linked back to the homepage with relevant anchor text!
- Edited the blog sidebar.
- Edited the homepage slightly.
- Put a link from a strong inner rank page, back to the homepage WITH relevant anchor text. Decided to go for a longer tail keyword in: freelance seo consultant.
That’s it. Below is the plan for the next 20 days of promotion:
Days 20-40 to do:Â
- Built site out even more (5 x long 1,000 blog posts scheduled over 14 days)
- Strong link from a school with the following anchor âSEO Consulting by Ghost Marketingâ, school is simply a client.
- More reviews on G+ – aiming to get to 8 positive reviews
- PR guy continued.
- Best of the web link (expensive but worth it as big trust factor).
- 301 a strong inner page back to homepage
- 20 High quality web 2.0s created. Anchor text will be varied but 90% will beÂ URL/brand anchors.
- 100 Citations â Hiring someone to do this, because citations are boring.
Will give this another 20 days and report back on the 14th which will be pretty close to the half way mark.