I’m starting a mini series where I tell you guys the top 3 posts I read eachÂ month.
These are obviously all going to be related to SEO as you don’t care about the helpful videoÂ I saw about squat form or a cooking recipe or a cat video….Or do you?!?!
I do a lot of SEO reading, even when I am busy I like to keep up with some high quality blogs, IÂ also do a lot of research on SEO so come across some shockingly poor and amazingly awesome articles.
This is where I report on the amazingly awesome ones.
3. Matthew Woodward’s top 100 12 months blog post – His huge post on how he built his blog.
One of the most basic yet effective methods I’ve seen and he talks openly about how he did it.
If you are looking to start up an authority blog in any niche this is the place to go. Took me a long train journey to get through his article, BUT it was worthwhile. Again he doesn’t talk BS and puts everything in metrics: number of UV per month, number of posts on forums, ZERO LINKS and most importantly EARNINGS.
2. How to build a 7 Figure SEO Agency – Title says it all, but was an awesome motivating post. (even though its over 18 months old!)
Was not really in a how to style guide but was just motivating more than anything. Big shout out to Neil Patel. Although you need to start replying to my email/tweets ;).
1. Source Wave – Just in general, couldn’t choose 1 specific post as loved them all. I have spent probably close to 8 hours on this site over the past week and absolutely love the information Alex Becker produces.
He has a new take on SEO that I haven’t seen many people reproduce.
His guides on how to get started with client SEO and how to generate an seo affiliate site (relatively cheaply) are both awesome posts.
He’s a big fan of video tutorials as opposed to written, and as a visual learner I like this!
Why is he number 1 this week?
3 main reasonsÂ
- I like his style – Both on his blog, his seo style, his business style, how he presents himself and mostly that he isn’t too serious about what he posts. The occassional random GIF or completely unrelated image keeps us saine when it comes to some topics of SEO.
- He knows what the hell he is talking about! – He’s on 80k+ per month from SEO, although these are earnings and not profit, I am pretty sure his overheads are relatively low. Also in reality this is the only metric that really matters when it comes down to business.
- No nonsense – He knows how to speak to SEOs who are actually SEOs, doesn’t try to explain what a backlink is, or spend 10 minutes saying unique quality content is what you need…. As we all know its important but its not essential.
1.Â https://seono.co.uk/2014/09/10/renewal-marketing-done-right-rewarding-repeat-business/ —- Easy to keep a client than find Â a new one. (interesting example)
2.Â https://moz.com/blog/seo-tips-https-ssl – HTTPS trend. Interesting but not essential yet.
3.Â https://moz.com/blog/convert-goals-into-reportable-metrics-whiteboard-friday (actually written in October and only just read it, but still gets into honourable mentions.)
Thanks for reading.
Remember to share, tweet, like and all that good stuff.